STEP 1 – Run Report for Sales
- Make sure all Sales have been updated by producing the following report illustrated below.
STEP 2 – Take a Snapshot
- Inventory Snapshots should be taken just before the actual physical count begins, any delays in count will create variance because sales & new receipts will not modify the snapshot on hand.
- Follow the illustration below to take the snapshot:
- Make sure to check start counts at zero and click OK when ready.
STEP 3 – Using Metrologic Scanner to scan items
- Always clear previous records before starting a new inventory. Press ESC on the scanner then select Utilities. Scroll down to #3 to Clear All Records. This will clear all scans from the previous inventory count.
- Choose the RUN PROGRAM option to begin scanning. When you see UPC displayed on scanner, it is ready. (You can hit the ESC button to get back to the home screen)
- Continue scanning until all inventory is counted.
Step 4 – Upload File
- Click the icon on your desktop Capture Count from Scanner.
- Place scanner into docking station and press ESC on scanner.
- On the scanner, select Send Data.
- When scanner displays “waiting…press escape to cancel”, click OK on the Optimizer software on your computer. Sync will occur.
- The file is now saved in \\jonas01srv\Jonas\INV and can be referenced in Jonas for upload.
- Close Optimizer software unless there were additional scanners used. If so, place additional scanner(s) on docking station and repeat the process, changing file name.
Step 5 - Enter file into Jonas
- Open Jonas and navigate to Upload Inventory Counts
- Club Inventory-Inventory Count-Upload Inventory Counts
- Select file to upload by clicking the browse folder or entering file path.
- Make sure “Zero Counts Default to 1” is checked.
- Preview the file.
- Preview will not upload the counts, you must choose the Update Inventory Counts radial to actually upload. The system WILL allow you to upload the same file multiple times, be cautious so that only one copy of each file is uploaded.
MAKE SURE you upload after you preview.
STEP 5 - ENTERING MANUAL COUNTS
Hand Count and then use the following feature to enter the counts
STEP 6 - Variance Preview & Update
The Variance Preview can be run throughout the inventory process to verify the integrity of manual count against system count. If any corrections are required, “recount” and use the Enter Items counts feature to modify the actual count. Check the 3 boxes shown in the illustration to best display the variance details. The 5th checkbox “Print only if variance between actual/snapshot” filters out all SKU’s w/o variance.
STEP 7 – Final Update
- Once the Final Update is run, no further changes can be made. Date of Record is the post date and should be the date the snapshot was taken.
- Check the 1st & 3rd boxes when running the update to ensure entire inventory is shown in the Final Update Report.
For reference, Optimizer software capture count settings.
Settings should be set as follows:
Directory = \\jonas01srv\Jonas\INV\####*
* Where #### is Club location; Valley, Glassy, Falls, Walnut Cove, Springs, Mountain Park, OR Vineyards
File Name = MonthYear.txt (ex. March2015.txt)
If there are multiple files, use a,b,c at the end of each file name.
*File name needs to always end in .txt
Please do not adjust any other fields.